Here are some tips that can help to make the chat experience better:
- Use scribd.com and justpaste.it to post your long text and picture sharings to avoid flooding the group
- Learn how to use Google Forms so you can do registration/surveys without using chained messages
- Learn how to save files as PDF or use Google Drive to avoid sharing very large files in the chat group
Learn useful WhatsApp basics:
- For beginners, learn how to use WhatsApp
- Recall messages so that you can remove wrongly posted messages
- Mute group notifications [for Android and iPhone] so you are not bothered by the frequent messages
- Disable notifications entirely [for Android and iPhone] so you are not bothered by the popups
- Search for previous messages so you don’t have to scroll for a long time
- Use the web version so you can type faster at your computer
- Format your texts so that they are more readable
How to shorten URLs:
1) Use a URL shortening service: Copy out the long link, paste it into t.ly, and it will create a short version of it.
Do be aware that some corporate or government intranets forbid such links for security purposes, as it can be used by hackers to hide malicious links.
2) Remove characters from the back of the URL. Look for the first ? inside the link, and remove anything from it onwards. Examples:
- https://www.facebook.com/HennyKupferstein/posts/1192909977542751?__xts__%5B0%5D=68<lots of stuff>&__tn__=C-R0.g
Do note that some links, such as that from Facebook, may need to retain the characters in order to work properly:
When in doubt, remove the stuff behind the ? and try to see if you can still access that page using your browser.