WACS is Singapore’s largest public WhatsApp network for the autism community. It also has members of other nationalities (e.g. Malaysia, Australia, UK, China).
If you suspect that you are autistic, consider:
- taking an online autism quiz or autism test
- reading the online book: Welcome to the Autistic Community
- reading about adult living and advocacy issues faced by autistics (e.g. insurance discrimination)
- getting a professional diagnosis
- seeking mental health support if you are feeling down
- chatting with an AI bot if you just want to complain, rant and vent
If you are keen to join the community:
2) Read up additional tips & information about joining the community.
3) Register and join suitable chat groups in WACS (focused on caregivers & family members)
6) Join Worldwide Autistics Chat Groups.
Meet friendly international autistics to chat about personal experiences.
Do note that the website may take a minute to load.
[Note: The above three networks are allied with but not part of WACS.]
7) Join the Disabled People’s Association as a member [third party organisation not related to WACS].
Autistics: For only $2/year, a highly inclusive organisation will support your efforts to advocate for your needs, including against discrimination. This support is essential because autistics lack official representation and the protection of anti-discrimination laws in Singapore.
Everyone else: DPA also welcomes non-disabled people to apply to be associate members.
8) Access Singapore Autism Directories,
get a helpful list of autism advocacy references,
read about the Action For Autistics Masterplan
and find solutions with the Proposed NeuroDivergent Community Alliance (NDCA).