WACS is Singapore’s largest public WhatsApp network for the autism community. We also have some members of other nationalities (e.g. Malaysia, Australia, UK) in our groups. WACS aims to provide mental health support and promote wholesome family-friendly values as part of the Action For Autistics Masterplan.
2) Check out the list of chat groups
3) Read up additional tips & information about joining the community
4) Choose the groups to join [Non-autistics are welcome too]
Join SITG* Wholesome Chats group to socialise
Meet friendly autistics from Singapore and chat about personal experiences.
*Standing In The Gap (of the non-autistic people and autistics with high support needs)
Join Knowledge groups [password: Join123] to discuss.
Meet intelligent autistics for serious discussions; similar to what we discuss in university classes.
Join other groups* focusing on caregivers, community and changemakers.
Meet different people for serious discussions; similar to what we discuss in university classes.
Please register again if you need to amend your data or join any new groups. Login to the same account and Google will remember your previous registration. Just update your information and follow the steps to see the group invitation links.
5) Join Worldwide Autistics Chat Groups [third party network allied with but not part of WACS]
Meet friendly autistics worldwide to chat about personal experiences.
6) Join the Disabled People’s Association as a member [third party organisation not related to WACS]
For only $2/year, a highly inclusive organisation will support your efforts to advocate for your needs, including against discrimination. This support is essential because autistics lack official representation and the protection of anti-discrimination laws in Singapore.